i called my grandpa to wish him a happy 69th birthday and he said, “I skipped straight to 70. I don’t do 69 anymore, I’m too old to bend that way” and started laughing hysterically
When people think that feminism is all this pent-up hatred and women are out to destroy all men and suddenly the entire movement should be turned into a humanist movement so that both genders can be equally served.
Get off your high horse and realise that there are some issues in life that don’t always fucking revolve around you.
Feminism is welcoming of women and men. If you’re a white heterosexual male, the world loves you, but if you’re something else, you’re not exactly under the protection of society. Still, patriarchy isn’t a joke. Recite the definition next time you argue with a feminist on having a humanist movement instead.
IT ANNOYS ME TO NO END THAT PEOPLE GET ALL UP IN ARMS WHEN SOMEONE TALKS ABOUT FEMINISM AND THEY GET THAT LOOK IN THEIR EYE LIKE “OH GOD HERE WE GO AGAIN” YEAH HERE WE FUCKING GO AGAIN I’M GOING TO BEAT YOU WITH A BOX OF TAMPONS AND SOME BRAS IF YOU KEEP PATRONIZING A MOVEMENT THAT EXISTS BECAUSE YOU ROLL YOUR EYES WHEN I TALK ABOUT EQUALITY
things girls are made to feel ashamed of-
- having periods
- choosing what they want to wear on their body
- wanting to/not wanting to have sex
- putting boys in the ‘friendzone’
- standing up against misogyny
- ruining a boy’s life by telling the police that he raped her
- having hair on their body
- not appreciating catcalls
- not appreciating chivalry
- having control over their own fucking body